Sunday 6 July 2008

Study: Treating herpes doesn’t prevent HIV

Doctors have long suspected that people with herpes are more likely to catch HIV. So they thought that by treating herpes, they could also cut a person’s HIV risk. But a new study that tested this strategy found the assumption may have been wrong.

"It’s a significant, disappointing finding," Francis Ndowa, coordinator of the sexually transmitted infections control team at the World Health Organization, said in an interview.

Ndowa was not connected to the research, published Friday in the medical journal The Lancet.

The finding may spark a rethinking of HIV prevention strategies in Africa, where controlling sexually transmitted diseases such as herpes is usually part of general AIDS prevention plans.

More information available here


...................................................

1 comment:

Alex Morgan said...

God bless Dr ALEXS for his marvelous work in my
life, I was diagnosed of Hepatitis b since 2010 and I was
taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed
to get the Hepatitis b out of my system, I searched about
some possible cure for Hepatitis b i saw a comment about
Dr ALEXS how he cured Hepatitis b with his herbal
medicine, I contacted him and he guided me.I
asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my
health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED
POST.I took the medicine as prescribed by him
and 14 days later i was cured from HIV, thank you so much and you are the one that God sent to change my miserable life, may the almighty god be with you all the days of your life, so my brothers and sisters we can contact him on this email address.r/dralexsherbalhomeh@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348119102287. ONCE AGAIN
THANK YOU SIR.
Dr ALEXS he also told me that he can cure the flowing virus,
1 cancer cure
2 diabetes cure
3 ringing ear
4 herpes cure
5 warts cure
6 HPV cure
7 get your ex back
8 pregnancy herbal medicine
9 prostate enlargement
10 Hepatitis B
11 Hiv/Aids